Thursday, September 3, 2009

Why do I blog?

For many, many years I've dreamed of going back to school. An opportunity has come up for me to do so! Travelinoma, one of my favorite bloggers, is offering a course in writing. So, I've put on my brave persona and I'm going to give it a try. I just got back from Seattle so I'm a little behind on assignments. I'll be posting three in a row today, and hopefully another one later.

Assignment 1:

Why do I have a blog?

For a long time I’ve kept a journal of the books I’ve read. Unfortunately, that’s about it for my keeping a journal. I thought if I kept a blog, I could record the books I read, and add a few more fun things to it as I go along—thus expanding my journal keeping.

I blog the books I read, and the quilts I make. I like to have pictures and stories of my family in there also. Occasionally I put in thoughts I have, which sound a little more distinguished if I call them musings. Mostly they’re just thoughts. One of my goals for this year is to scan the pictures I have of me growing up. I’d like to post a few, and write some memories those pictures invoke. (I should have done homework option one, and planned that out, but I felt myself going into shock at the idea.)

I write the blog for me, for my family, and any friends that want to drop in and visit the blog. It’s not a public forum where I hope the world will see what I have to offer. Mostly it’s therapy for me, and a boost to get myself doing a little writing and recording of my life.

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea - I can't wait to read all your assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the journal of books you've read idea. I'm going to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatever the reason, i'm glad you blog!

    what a fun way to "go back to school"! i like reading what you write because i can picture you saying/doing all the things you write about. did that make sense?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!