Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mirror, mirror

Today's assignment from Travelin'Oma (all caught up!).

Once in a while I walk by a mirror and am shocked by what I see. In my mind’s eye I still look like I did when I was eighteen—without wrinkles, gray hair peeping through the brown, or the extra pounds I’ve accumulated since then. So when my real eyes see what’s looking back in the mirror, it’s easy to be surprised. I actually don’t mind the look of aging because I feel it shows what I’ve accomplished so far in my life.

To complete today’s assignment, I have made a list of my unique abilities and qualities, and things I like about my body. Now I will concentrate on noticing good things when I look in the mirror. I will appreciate all the great things life has given to my 52 years of living.

1 comment:

  1. "The look of aging . . . shows what I've accomplished so far in my life." I love this phrase! I think it's sad that society has deemed aging an unlovely process. I am fascinated by older faces. (But I still don't recognize my own!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!