Here is the quiz. My answers are in blue.
Are You A Fascinating Person?
1. Are you updated on current affairs? Do you follow the latest news? I feel pretty on top of things. I read the newspaper almost daily, and discuss current events with my husband.
2. In a one-one conversation, do you talk more or do you listen more? I would like to say that I listen more, but I’m afraid maybe I talk more.
3. Do you like trying out new things like visiting a new restaurant, trying out a new sport, etc? New restaurant, yes, without hesitation. New sport? Hmm, depends on the sport. I’m not so brave there.
4. Do you devote time to your dress and appearance before you go out? More now than I used to, thank heavens!
5. Are there any secrets about you that you haven't shared with even close friends? Yes, definitely. And I don’t plan on sharing them here.
6. Are you game for adventurous stuff? Sometimes, but not as much as I’d like. I’m a low adventure girl who married a high adventure man. It’s helped me be a little braver.
7. Do you manage to get introduced to new people in parties and indulge in long conversations? I’m a talker. That is why it is unusual that I feel very uncomfortable meeting new people – I can never think of what to say. If they are friendly and help me out, I like it. I’m getting better at this.
8. Are you a well-read person? I like to think so.
9. Are you a well-traveled person? More traveled than many, not as well-traveled as a lot of people I know.
10. Can you make people laugh? I hope so.
Are you a confident person?
1. Can you choose a new outfit alone? Yes. But I like shopping/choosing with other people. I like the feedback.
2. You walk into a room full of people. Suddenly you find everybody watching you. Do you become terribly self-conscious? Probably.
3. You reach the airport to find that your flight got canceled in the last minute. What would you do? I would want to cry, but then I would go to the counter and begin figuring out how to fix the problem.
4. You enter a posh restaurant to find everybody else in formal clothes. You are wearing casuals. Would it ruin your evening? I don’t think so. If they let me in the restaurant in the clothes I was wearing, I think I would just enjoy the meal (if it were good).
5. You are at a job interview in a big corporation. Suddenly you find out that the CEO himself is conducting the interview. Do you panic? I would like to say no, but as I’ve never been in that situation, nor can imagine being in that situation, I don’t really know.
6. You are attending a seminar. Suddenly the speaker wants you to come on the stage to give your views. Will you get jittery? Probably not.
7. You are enjoying a party with your new date. Suddenly your ex walks in. What do you do? This is a situation I have never encountered. I would like to think I would be mature and calm. I sure have ideas of how I think I should act. But, who knows how I would really act?
8. Are you afraid of visiting families that have suffered a death? Not at all
9. Would you go and visit a dying person? Yes, and I have done so.
10. If someone embarrassed you in public, you would you react? I would likely be embarrassed and turn quite red (I can’t seem to help that reaction). I hope I could almost pretend it didn’t happen. But I don’t know if I could really do that.
Are you a crafty person?
1. What do you call the art of folding paper? origami
2. What is the name of the fabric commonly used for cross stitch? Okay, this is embarrassing. I’ve done so much cross stitch, and my mind is blank right this second. I am taking the high road and not cheating and looking it up. I do know that I prefer working in the 14 count weave.
3. What is papier-mâché? It is making sculptures by using paper that has been moistened and dipped into a hardening substance. (Commonly used things used in elementary school are newspaper, and a flour based hardener, or starch based hardener.)
4. Is acrylic yarn natural or man-made? Man-made
5. Where does mohair come from? From a goat??
6. With which piece of crafting equipment would you use a shuttle? Weaving
7. How many threads are twisted together in a typical skein of embroidery floss? Six
8. What do pinking shears do? They cut in a zig-zag design. It is useful when cutting fabric where you want to minimize fraying.
9. Old sewing machines were powered by using your feet. What was the foot pedal called? The treadle.
10. Is a Spinning Jenny used for making pots or making yarn? Making yarn.
11. What is Kumihimo? I have no idea.
12. Which craft would you be doing if you were making a plant hanger by knotting long lengths of rope? Macramé.
13. In which craft would you use the stippling technique? Quilting!
14. What are lazy daisy, french knot, stem and blanket? Embroidery stitches.
15. Which craft tool cuts out a shape from paper or card when you press on it? Die-cut.
16. What is a highly scented purple/blue flower often used in scented sachets? Lavender.
17. What is gutta used for? No idea.
18. What is repoussage? No idea.
19. Is whittling a wood craft or a wool craft? Wood craft.
20. What do you call the hole in a needle where you push the thread through? The eye.
By the way, the answers to the crafty questions can be found here. I guessed my best, and was surprised at how well I did. I can't believe how many different crafts I have done over the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear what you think!