Friday, November 13, 2009

Ex Libris - Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman

If you are a reader, if you are driven to examine the written word, you must read this book. You will find yourself in the essays written here.

Anne Fadiman is no common writer, and I suspect, not truly a common reader. She is extraordinary in capturing the essence of the reader and his'er quirks, foibles, and delights.

I love this book. It speaks to my reader soul. If you love to read, if you love books, if you love words, you need to read this book.

The book is a collection of essays that Fadiman wrote for a magazine, and I enjoyed every one of them. There is something about glimpsing the soul of another reader that is refreshing and validating. There is a commonality among readers that is binding, yet we are all different at the same time. I guess that is what keeps the publishing business alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!